Friday, April 22, 2011

VA - Gabe's Dirty Blues

A little Kulture here at the ol' FCCL. This was my first introduction to the world of real raunchy r&b - the fun stuff. I've had this since the 70's and still enjoy a spin every now and then. I was really glad to find a solid rip of this that I couldn't help myself and I snagged it.

It seems this is the only rip of this floating around - originally by “Issaquah” -we thank him for this superb 2 LP set.

Being a lazy sob - if you want the technical details get them here: http://bebopwinorip.blogspot.com/2009/10/gabes-dirty-blues.html

A whoppin' good place for killer music I might add. The music in this set is pretty much available on newer comps you can get on the blogosphere including a few here at FCCL, but to me - this was my first and still one of the best. The complete 2-album set has 30 tracks totaling 78:05 minutes so grab it and enjoy.

01. Fever / Little Willie John
02. Walkin' The Blues / Champion Jack Dupree
03. Sick & Tired / Lula Reed
04. Shake 'em Up, Baby / Roy Brown
05. Work With Me Annie / Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
06. Cherry Wine / Little Esther Phillips
07. 60-Minute Man / Billy Ward & The Dominoes
08. Ride, Jockey, Ride / The Lamplighters
09. Keep On Churnin' / Wynonie Harris
10. Rocket 69 / Todd Rhodes
11. 10-Inch Record / Bull Moose Jackson
12. Black Diamond / Roy Brown
13. Jealous Love / Lula Reed
14. Bloodshot Eyes / Wynonie Harris
15. Sexy Ways / Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
16. Salty Dog / The Lamplighters
17. Monkey, Hips and Rice / The “5” Royales
18. T-99 / Tiny Bradshaw
19. Rock Love / Lula Reed
20. Wasn't That Good / Wynonie Harris
21. Annie Had A Baby / Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
22. Girl From Kokomo / Roy Brown
23. All Around the World / Little Willie John
24. I Want a Bow-Legged Woman / Bull Moose Jackson
25. Quiet Whiskey / Wynonie Harris
26. Use What You Got / Freddy King
27. Queen Of Diamonds / Roy Brown
28. Loving Machine / Wynonie Harris
29. Shake That Thing / Wynonie Harris
30. Adam Come Get Your Rib / Wynonie Harris

gabeybabey

1 comment:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ said...

email me bro. atasteofvinyl@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails