Welcome to Fat City Cigar Lounge home of a great variety of cool music, outstanding cocktails, good smokes, and lively conversation.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
The Tomorrow Men - It's About Time Revised
Original melodies, progressions, arrangements influenced by some of the very best surf bands in the world - The Madeira, Man or Astroman?, Dick Dale, Laika and The Cosmonauts, The Ventures, The Bambi Molesters, Pollo Del Mar, Satan's Pilgrims, Slacktone, Los Twang Marvels. The songs are top notch - melodic surf with a sharp edge, an old feel and a modern vibe. They sound like a fusion of many bands but in the end, have a unique sound, fast and furious guitars. A keeper.
In deference to the band's request - I have removed the full album and posted the 1st 3 cuts as evaluation samples. Like it - go buy it, like I did.
1. Dr. Kilometers (Uncertainty Principle) 2:28
2. Tempori Parendum 2:49
3. Maelstrom 3:37
4. Curse You Fred Haines 2:42
5. Midnight At The ChronoLab 3:29
6. Mobius Transformation 2:55
7. Argosy 2:31
8. Phistful of Photons 3:10
9. Claire de Lune 3:40
10. Run Ripley Run 2:46
11. Momentium 3:46
12. Chronosurf 2:40
13. Requiem for a TomorrowMan 3:06
Lounge Rules: No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service. Just Kidding. Come as you are, you can even take your clothes off when you dance. (In the back room). For Real: 1. Lively Discussion is encourgaged -- foul language and other types of impunation of character is not. Evil will be deleted.
2. The Music posts are for enjoyment and evaluation purposes only. If you like it -- Please, go buy it, and support the artists who produce it and perfom it. Go to their shows, buy their t-shirts, etc. The independents we showcase need your help to make more cool music. Otherwise, You-Know-Who Wins. If you don't like what you hear, please delete it out of your computer to make room for stuff you do like.
3. All other contributions are welcome, and will be posted at proprietor's discretion
Am a musicholic - I'm 52 -- I heard my first Ventures song in '66 and have been a fan of twang ever since. Of course all the other guitar gods were added over the years, along with a lot of other great music. I have been a DJ in my younger years on air -- WPFW and in clubs and currently produce a local television show about the performing arts.